Congratulations you’re engaged and ready to start planning your wedding! With so much to think about Brides(& Grooms!)-To-Be often create lists of all of the things that need to be ready for the big day. However with all of the ‘big’ things to think about they always leave thinking about their wedding stationery till the last minute….get organised with our Wedding Stationery Timeline & Check-list!!
- Compile a guest list
- Book ceremony and reception sites
- If your wedding is a destination wedding, create and send out save the date cards.
- Start researching invitation styles you like
- Pinterest is a great resource for finding ideas
- Plot out potential invitation wording
- Gather all of the information you will need to tell your guests and decide how you will present this to them eg. enclosure cards
7 – 8 MONTHS
- Decide on creation method (eg. designer, DIY)
- Order Save the Date Cards
- Meet with your designer to discuss invitation design
- Mail out Save the Date Cards
- Finalise invitation style and wording
- Have your invitations created and order envelopes
- Order any extra bits and pieces that will complete your stationery set (eg. personalied stamps or wax seals)
- Review your proof
- Receive your invitations and envelopes
- Create typed list of guests name and addresses
- Address your envelopes (this is usually a long process, so allow 2-3 weeks)
- Assemble and seal invitations
- Post invitations
- If you have a ‘B’ list of people to invite, this is your last chance.
- Organise with your designer to have place cards, seating chart and any other stationery required for your wedding, created.
- Contact guests who have not RSVP’d
- Submit final head count and seating chart to designer and caterer
- Finalise place cards and seating chart design
- Finalise all of the last minute details for your big day
THE BIG DAY!
Enjoy yourself, take everything in and make your wedding the day you always dreamed of!